Our lines contribute to your growth
1. Required authorisations
You will need to have:
- a train operator’s licence
- an insurance certificate
- a safety certificate: to obtain this, you will need to contact the Railway Safety Authority (EPSF)
2. Rolling stock compatibility
Before your rolling stock can be worked on the network, you will need to ensure that it is compatible with the railway infrastructure over which it is to run. The sooner you clear this hurdle, the more likely your plans will translate into action.Read more
3. Signature of a capacity allocation contract
- For the railway undertakings: a track access contract that has to be renewed each year
- For authorised train path applicants: a train path allocation contract
Specific contracts exist for some types of service facility.
Becoming an SNCF Réseau client
Once you have fulfilled all these requirements, you are well on your way to becoming one of our clients! You are now entitled to personalised access to our dedicated on-line portal. Specifically designed for our clients and partners, this user-friendly portal offers you easy access to SNCF Réseau’s information systems, to data, documents, training, billing history and for lodging any eventual complaints.
The National Rail Network Statement (NS) sets out all the practical, technical, administrative and price conditions regarding the use of the French rail network.
SNCF Réseau: masterminding rail network transformationAmbition
SNCF Réseau: partnering you with a full range of servicesOur services